Dunai to Do Tarap village Trek
The Dunai to Do Tarap route lies in the beautiful and remote mid-western region of Nepal. The trail winds steeply up an uninhabited river valley through snow leopard territory and on to the beautiful Shey…
For more experienced trekkers, this trek can be combined with a trip up to the legendary Crystal Mountain and Shey Gompa in the Inner Dolpo Region. The trip can either be made straight up and down to Shey Gompa, rejoining the Dunai-Tarap route, or from Shey Gompa over several high passes to the Mustang town of Jomsom.
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1 : Evening flight to Nepalganj.
Day 2 : Early morning flight from Nepalganj to Juphal. Trek to Dunai. 3 hours.
Day 3 : Dunai to Tarakot. 5 hours. 430m ascent.
Day 4 : Tarakot to Kanigaon. 4 hours. 30m ascent.
Day 5 : Kanigaon to Chheur. 7 hours. 1020m ascent.
Day 6 : Chheur to Sishul Khola. 5 hours. 300m ascent.
Day 7 : Sishul Khola to Do Tarap. 4 hours. 250m ascent.
Day 8 : Do Tarap to Tokkhyu High Camp. 7 hours. 900m ascent.
Day 9 : Rest day at Tokkhyu High Camp.
Day 10 : Tokkhyu High Camp to Pelungtang. 7 hours. 540m ascent; 960m descent.
Day 11 : Pelungtang to Dajok Tang. 6 hours. 670m ascent; 1110m descent.
Day 12 : Dajok Tang to Phoksundo Lake. 4 hours. 140m ascent; 490m descent.
Day 13 : Phoksundo lake to Renje. 6 hours. 90m ascent; 880m descent.
Day 14 : Renje to Chepka. 5 hours. 320m ascent; 500m descent.
Day 15 : Chepka to Dunai. 6 hours. 770m descent.
Day 16 : Dunai to Juphal. 2 hours. Fly from Juphal to Nepalganj to Kathmandu.
Suggested Package :
- Personal belongings (i.e.camera, water bottle, extra money, sunscreen, sunglasses, sunhat, hiking shorts/ synthetic T-shirt etc)
- Hiking boots, sports shoe/ trainers, 3/4 woolen socks ,2pairs liners socks, 1 pairs gloves, warm hat,
- 1 Day back pack and duffel bag for your clothing.
- Warm layers, down or synthetic jackets, fleece, hiking pants, thermals.
Comprehensive list will be provided while book the trip.
Most of the items can buy or rent in kathmandu.
Mininimum Group Size:
- Fluent English Speaking experienced Guide
- All the Transportation by private vehicle
- Flight to from Kathmandu. (Domestic)
- Hotel accommodation on Bed &Breakfast (Tea /coffee) basis
- All the Airport transfers, entrance fees to the temple , monas tery and palaces
- Trekking full board basis with trekking permit.
- Nature of personal expenses and insurance
- Mineral Water and Alcohol
- Airfare and airport tax
- Visa fee