Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base camp trek is Nepal’s most popular treks, the trip to Everest Base Camp is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and is unsurpassed for stunning mountain views. Highlights include a side trip to the settlement of…
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1 : Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 2 : Half day sightseeing in Kathmandu, gear check and preparation.
Day 3 : Fly to Lukla. Lukla to Phakding. 3 hours. 200m descent.
Day 4 : Phakding to Namche Bazaar. 6 hours. 1000m ascent, 100m descent.
Day 5 : Acclimatissation day in Namche Bazaar. Optional day hikes.
Day 6 : Namche Bazaar to Tengboche. 5 hours. 350m descent, 750m ascent.
Day 7 : Tengboche to Pheriche. 5 hours. 70m descent. 450m ascent.
Day 8 : Acclimatisation day in Pheriche. Optional day hikes.
Day 9 : Pheriche to Duglha. 3 hours. 400m ascent.
Day 10 : Duglha to Lobuche. 3 hours. 300m ascent.
Day 11 : Lobuche to Gorak Shep. 3 hours. 250m ascent. Optional Kala Pattar trip.
Day 12 : Walk to Everest Base Camp & back to Lobuche.
Day 13 : Lobuche to Dingboche. 3 hours. 600m descent.
Day 14 : Dingboche to Tengboche. 3 hours. 550m descent, 70m ascent.
Day 15 : Tengboche to Namche Bazaar. 5 hours. 750m descent, 350m ascent.
Day 16 : Namche Bazaar to Lukla. 7 hours. 950m descent, 250m ascent.
Day 17 : Fly to Kathmandu. And transfer to hotel, meet at the office at 6pm and go for post trip meal with Alternative Nepal staff.
Day 18 : Rest in Kathmandu (optional 1 day rafting on Bhote Kosi River)
Day 19 : Transfer to airport for final departure
The trek to Everest Base Camp can be extended to 22 days by starting from Jiri, rather than flying into Lukla, giving you a chance to acclimatise by following in the footsteps of the original Everest expeditions. You can also opt to spend a couple of extra days exploring the Sherpa villages around Namche Bazaar—another great way to acclimatise whilst getting to grips with local culture.
- Personal belongings (i.e.camera, water bottle, extra money, sunscreen, sunglasses, sunhat, hiking shorts/ synthetic T-shirt etc)
- Hiking boots, sports shoe/ trainers, 3/4 woolen socks ,2pairs liners socks, 1 pairs gloves, warm hat,
- 1 Day back pack and duffel bag for your clothing.
- Warm layers, down or synthetic jackets, fleece, hiking pants, thermals.
Comprehensive list will be provided while book the trip;
Most of the items can buy or rent in kathmandu.
Mininimum Group Size:
- Experienced English-speaking guide (4:1 ratio), local porter(2:1ratio).
- Domestic flights, Airport transfer, 3 night hotel in Kathmandu bed & breakfast.
- Essential group climbing gear e.g. First aid.
- Trekking permit and TIMS (Tourism Information Management System) staff’s salary their insurance.
- Food during the trekking and climbing, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast and hot drinks tea & Coffee.
- Accommodation at local tea-house during the trekking.
- Personal Expenses (e.g. snacks, chocolate during the day etc)
- Travel/ trekking, accidental/ health insurance (mandatory)
- Mineral Water and Alcohol and all bottle beverages.
- International airfare and airport tax, Visa fee
- Guides/ Porter’s tip.
- Emergency evacuation.