Langtang Valley Trekking
Just south of the Tibetan Border and surrounded by snowy mountains, this trek offers spectacular scenery and diverse wildlife. The trek takes us through forests and up onto alpine meadows, and provides a great opportunity…
This trip can be combined with Gosainkund and Helambu treks
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1: Arrived in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel (airport pick up)
Day 2 : Drive to Syabrubesi. 7 hours.
Day 3 : Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel. 6 to 7 hours. 1070m ascent.
Day 4 : Lama Hotel to Langtang. 5 to 6 hours. 980m ascent.
Day 5 : Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa. 4 hours. 460m ascent.
Day 6 : Day trip: Kyanjin Ri. 4 hours. 900m up hill & down hill.
Day 7 : Day trip: Langshisha Kharka. 9 hours. 300m up hill & down hill.
Day 8 : Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel. 7 hours. 1320m descent.
Day 9 : Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi. 4 hours. 1070m descent.
Day 10 : Drive to Kathmandu 7hours and transfer to hotel
Day 11 : Final departure ( airport departure)
A typical day
7 am : Wake-up
8 am : Breakfast
8:30 am : Start walking
12-1 pm : Lunch
1 pm : Back on the trail
3-4 pm : Get the destination.
5 pm : Afternoon tea and a chance to explore local village
6-7 pm : Dinner
Alternate route/ option
The Langtang Trek can be combined with several other treks to make a much longer expedition. In particular on the return route, instead of returning directly to Kathmandu by road, you could make the trip up to the high-altitude lakes of Gosainkund, and then join the Helambu trek at Tharepati to return back to Kathmandu via Sundarijal, a total trekking time of approximately 12-14 days. Experienced trekkers can also attempt the Ganja La route (an extra 7-8 days), which goes from Kyanjin Gompa and joins the Helambu trail from Tarke Gyang.
- Day bag or small rucksack for personal belongings (i.e. waterproofs, camera, water bottle, valuables, sunscreen etc)
- Walking boots
- Warm down or fibre jacket
Comprehensive list will be provided while book the trip.
Most of the items can buy or rent in kathmandu.
Mininimum Group Size:
- Airport transfers, pick and drop by private vehicle with guide.
- 9 nights accommodation, including 2 nights in Kathmandu in good quality hotels
- All meals on trek at local restaurant / Tea houses
- Local transportation to from Kathmandu.
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Comprehensive group medical kit
- Accommodation during the trekking in local guest house.
- Conservation Area permits and trekking fees, TIMS fees.
- Porters 2:1 ration for carrying your gear and support and porter’s insurance
- Water treatment solution for drinking water (optional)
- Lunch and dinners in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Bottled water, soft drinks and alcohol
- Guide and porter tips
- International flights and airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Personal items such as laundry, phone calls, toiletries etc.